Pages

Friday 26 October 2018

Boxing

This week for kiwi sport we had our first lesson with Pax. First Pax taught us three of the commandments which was Respect, Discipline & Safety. For respect we had to say I will respect my coach, equipment and peers. For discipline we had to say I will show up in every kiwi sport and I will give my 100%. Lastly for Safety we had to say I will not harm others and I will practise boxing with safety. If we broke one of the rules we had to do one burpee for the first week, if we break it again we have to do two burpees, it goes on and on. If we did the boxing skills that we learnt outside of the hall we will have to sit in the corner.

After that we did a warm up. We played a game called knee tag. For knee tag we had to try and tag each others knees. Everyone was in. I didn't get tagged by the knee because I defended myself from other people tagging me Once we did the warm up, we had to wear boxing gloves under 90 seconds.The boxing gloves were hard to wear.

 Some of us didn't wear the boxing gloves under 90 seconds, so we all had to do a burpee. After the burpee we got into partners. My partner was Giovanni. After that we learnt the rock. For the rock we had to lift up our right leg, move it back and place it down. We also had to bend our knees and we had to put the boxing gloves on our face, but under our eyes. Then one of us had to push the other person who was in the rock. We did that to see if we would fall.

Once we did that we learnt the jab. For the jab we had to get into our rock position. Then we had to punch straight with our left arm, while our right arm was under our eye to keep us safe from a punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.