Pages

Friday 27 July 2018

Multiplying fractions


LI: To find fractions of whole number amounts using multiplication and division. This week for maths we had to create a animation that shows how to multiply a fraction. I decided to go with 4/5 x 7 To multiply a fraction you only multiply the numerator with the number you chose to multiply. For the animation we could write sentences of what to do. I decided to show how to multiply a fraction two ways. Then I had to multiply the fraction by any number. Then the answer I would  get will be a improper fraction, an improper fraction is a fraction were the denominator is bigger than the numerator. After that I changed the improper fraction into into a mixed number by dividing the the fraction and the times table. That would give me an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.