Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2018

Making predictions

Making Predictions
Text title:Picking up Puha

Basic predictions
Predictions
Correct / incorrect
I think this is a narrative/ recount/ information report/ procedure/ explanation/ persuasion (highlight) because …

I think it is a recount because the story is telling us what happened in the past.
Correct
I think the text is about… because …

A dad picking up a Vegetable or he is picking up his gumboots because I think Puha is the maori word for a vegetable or gumboots.
Incorrect
One sentence I might see in the text is:
  • I am waiting for some delicious puha to eat for dinner.
Incorrect


Other predictions
Predictions
Correct / incorrect
I think this text is about a dad going to pick some Puha for dinner.
Incorrect
I think this text is about a Dad and two kids go to a farm and then when they got there they forgot the gumboots.
Incorrect
I think this text is about a Dad and two kids go to a farm to get some Puha and when they get to the farm there were no Puha left.
Incorrect
I Think this text is about a dad who goes to pick up his Puha and puts them in the cupboard.
Incorrect
L.I To make and check predictions about a text.
This week for reading I made predictions about Picking up Puha. I had to make a copy of a document then we had to write the tittle then we had to highlight what we thought it was After that we had to write why we thought it was that. I chose a recount because it is talking about what happened in the past.Then we had to write what we thought the text was about. After that we had to write one sentence that I might see in he text. Then we had to write three other predictions and write if it was incorrect or correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.